On top of the Transport & Installation of 91 foundations at Race Bank offshore wind farm, DEME was tasked with decommissioning its Met Mast.
The Met Mast had to be removed several metres below the seabed and the scope of work included the removal, transport and disposal of the entire structure.
The decommissioning of the Met Mast comprised the following activities:
• Electrical disconnection of the power supply and solar panels
• Removal of the remaining lattice tower
• Cutting the monopile below the platform using a remotely controlled UHP water abrasive cutting tool
• Internal pile dredging
• Cutting lifting eyes in the pile using a UHP pinhole cutting tool
• Cutting the monopile below the seabed by deploying a remotely controlled, internal pile cutting tool
• Approved disposal of the monopile and electrical components
By using this specialist equipment the decommissioning of the Met Mast was carried out safely and successfully, without the need for diving operations.